Mark 14:27-72, Restoring Grace - Good News About Grace
What causes believers to fall away?
God's response: Rom 8:1
- Overconfidence - v.29
- Laziness - not maintaining relationships - v.37 (Mark 8:38 - don't be ashamed)
- Fear of disapproval - v.54a
- Convenience - v.54b
Why doesn't reject believers when we sin?
What should I do when I sin?
- His love is unconditional - Lam 3:22
- Salvation isn't based on our performance - Titus 3:5
- Jesus has already taken our punishment - 1 John 2:2
- Jesus understands our human weaknesses - Heb 4:15
- God doesn't bear grudges - Ps 109:9-13, Jer 3:22
Jer 15:19, Is 1:18, Is 54:7, Ps 51:12
go back to sermon notes homepage