Discomfort of being different:
- poor man made them uncomfortable
- reminded them of cost of following Jesus
- be whole-hearted
- give all of yourself to God: Gal 3:26-29
Discomfort of staying different:
- church of Laodicea in Revelation became 'lukewarm'
- keep waiting on a promise, don't take it into own hands
Discomfort of being open:
- easy to forget original purpose - can settle for what's comfortable
- 'church is the church only when it exists for others': Col 1:21-22
Who are the outsiders we could be including?